TERMS & CONDITIONS
Rules of competition
1. The competition is open to both freelance and full time designers as well as design students aged over 12. Entrants are welcome to submit more than one design but are not allowed to submit the same design.
2. A copy of exhibiting work will be disqualified. Designs that have been submitted to other competitions will be not accepted. All exhibiting works must declare clearly that are not involved in any kind of competition and have not been launched in the market.
3. It is compulsory that the finalists produce their own prototypes and attend the Final Judging Event in person to compete for the Best of Overall Design. The Organisers reserve the right to disqualify the winner in case of failure to meet any of the above requirements.
4. Entrants must abide by the terms and conditions set by the Organisers.
5. The Organisers reserve the right to change the Rules of Competition.
6. The Organisers assume no obligation, responsibility or liability for any expenses incurred by the entrants as a result of participating in this competition.
7. The Organisers will only be responsible for the finalists’ round-trip flight and a two-night stay during the fair. All other travel expenses will be borne by the winners. It is compulsory that the finalists accept the Organisers’ arrangement on the flight and accommodation. In case the winners have made their own arrangements without the Organisers’ consent, the Organisers does not bear the liability for any costs arising herefrom.
8. It is compulsory that the Overall Winner stays at Ars Sutoria School’s accommodation according to the course rules and school. Travel and accommodation expenses are to be borne by the winner.
9. The 4-week course offered by Ars Sutoria School and cash prize offered by APLF (to be used compulsorily for accommodation) to the Overall Winner will stay valid for one year starting from the end of Fashion Access Fair in March. Should the winner chooses not to attend the course or fails to attend the course for any reason, the prizes are neither transferable nor refundable.
Announcement of results
1. Three finalists will be notified by 25 February 2022 via email. Non-winning entrants will not be individually notified of the results. The results will not otherwise be made public until the Award Presentation held during Fashion Access 2022 (30 Mar – 1 Apr 2022) in Dubai. Details of the result will be posted on the Competition website after the fair.
Collection of entries
1. All entries must be submitted via the Design-A-Bag Competition online platform. No physical designs or email submissions will be accepted.
2. All entries must be submitted on or before 4 February 2022 (UTC+8, 23:59). No late submissions will be considered.
3. The Organisers reserve the right to disqualify any entry which fails to meet the submission requirements.
4. The Organisers will not assume responsibility for any damage or loss of all entries due to electronic transmission via the online platform.
Design and intellectual property right registration
1. By submitting the designs, images and prototypes to APLF Limited, each Entrant agrees that he/she is authorised to and hereby grants the APLF Limited and its licensees and assignees, a royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual license to exercise all rights to copy, edit and/or modify, publicly display, publicly perform, broadcast, publish and use, in whole or in part, any Submission, and any other intellectual property protected or protectable materials submitted by each Entrant, in any manner without further compensation during and after the Competition, except where prohibited by law.
2. No design submissions will be used for commercial purposes.
3. Every Entrant should note that the Submission will be publicly disclosed. If deemed necessary or appropriate, the entrant should file a patent application before submission. Nevertheless, every Entrant shall be solely responsible for the pursuit of any form of intellectual property protection for the Submission. The Organisers are not liable for infringement or abuse of any design as a result of entry into the Design-A-Bag Competition 2022 or as a result of any subsequent promotion and publicity.
4. The Organisers will not be responsible for proof of originality of all entries, nor be liable for protection of design copyright. Each contestant retains sole copyright, and is therefore solely liable for his/her design(s).
5. No personal details will be published without the contestants’ prior approval sought in writing. Only the Organisers will have access to any personal data provided by the contestants.
6. In the event of any disputes, the Organisers reserve the right to disqualify any entry and/or retract any award from the entrant. All decisions made by the Organisers are final and binding in all aspects relating to the Competition.
7. By entering this competition you warrant that:
(a) All details provided with your entry are true and accurate;
(b) You are entering the competition as an individual, and not on behalf of any company of organisation;
(c) You have all necessary rights and licenses to grant the rights set out in these Rules & Regulations;
(d) The design, images and prototype is an original work which has not been published elsewhere;
(e) You are the copyright owner of the submitted photograph and/or images as its author, (and any individual whose image is featured in the photograph has given consent for the use of his/her image);
(f) The exercise of the rights granted to APLF Limited in these Rules & Regulations will not infringe the rights of any third parties; and you will fully indemnify APLF Limited against any loss, liability, damage, cost or expense whatsoever resulting from any breach of these warranties.
Terms and conditions
1. By entering this competition (the “Competition”), the Entrants are deemed to have read, understood and accepted these Terms and Conditions and Rules and Regulations and agreed to be bound by them.
2. Selected category winners have one week after being contacted to respond to the Organisers, and if return contact is not made within that time period, the prizes will be forfeited. The Organisers will select another winner in accordance with the selection criteria set out.
3. The prizes including cash prizes and a 4-week training course at Ars Sutoria School are neither transferable nor refundable.
4. The Organisers reserve the right to refuse to honour any entry if they consider there has been an abuse of this Competition or a breach of these Terms and Conditions.
5. The Organisers’ decision is final on any situation including any not covered in these Terms and Conditions. Please note that the Organisers will not enter into any correspondence concerning any decisions made.